Good communication skill is indispensable for the success of any professional. Communication in the English language, in particular has become essential in the lives of young people who aspire to advance their careers anywhere in the world. But language learning is not the same as learning any other subject. It is not confined to writing an examination and getting a degree or award. The four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking have to be practiced and thereby acquired. Being able to communicate well is the most important factor while seeking a placement in a company or institution. GIMT always keeps this fact in mind and that's why GIMT has taken good care of having a well-equipped English Language Laboratory to enhance students' communication skills to make them industry-ready. The English Language Laboratory plays the most important role in the language learning process. It is required of any learner to have a good command to the language for communication purposes, with clarity and accuracy being vital for effective and efficient communication. What helps one to acquire such proficiency in a language is listening to the language minutely. So, first of all, we take special care of building the students' habit to listening to English language which is so different from their mother tongue and the surrounding atmosphere. We have 31 computers with Headphones. We play English speaking tracks and let the students listen to them.
Language Laboratory :
The language laboratory is very useful for assessing students' speech. Our English Language Laboratory provides students with the technical tools to get the best samples of pronunciation of the language. The electronic devices such as different audio-visual aids used in the laboratory will simulate the eyes and ears to the learner to acquire the language quickly and easily. To facilitate more, we have a provision for special Communication classes right from the beginning apart from our regular classes of the curriculum. Special attention is also given to Soft Skills development and Interview Techniques through special sessions on Grooming and Mock Interview.
At the English Language Laboratory we deliver the following:
1. Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing Skills through Learner Soft Software.
2. Listening Sub-skills through audio and video aids.
3. Reading Sub-skills through Interesting reading material from net and newspaper
4. Daily Newspaper reading habit and pasting of news clipping in the Laboratory Book.
5. Technical Report Writing and other Communication writing Skills like Letters, Proposals, Emails.
6. Speaking through Group Discussion, Presentation and Role Play & Simulation.
7. Creative Story Telling and other interesting Group activities.
8. Group Discussion learning & practice through audio and video aids and live examples.
9 . Corporate Presentation Technique through Power Point Presentation and necessary video aids.
10. Telephonic and Body Language etiquettes.
11. Interview Techniques and Grooming with special attention to Dress Code and Body Language.
12. Soft skills development techniques.